- March 26, 2014
- June 11, 2014 10:57:54 AM
- Infection Length:
- Systems Affected:
- Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Trojan.Cryptodefense is a Trojan horse that encrypts files on the compromised computer and then prompts the user to purchase a password in order to decrypt them.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version March 26, 2014 revision 019
- Latest Rapid Release version June 23, 2014 revision 017
- Initial Daily Certified version March 26, 2014 revision 024
- Latest Daily Certified version June 23, 2014 revision 023
- Initial Weekly Certified release date April 2, 2014
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
- Wild Level: Low
- Number of Infections: 0 – 49
- Number of Sites: 0 – 2
- Geographical Distribution: Low
- Threat Containment: Easy
- Removal: Easy
- Damage Level: Medium
- Payload: Demands a ransom to decrypt files on the compromised computer.
- Modifies Files: Encrypts files on the compromised computer.
- Distribution Level: Low